Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 11-08-2007 , 11:18 AM

What To Buy?

Hello, i have a question, I'm going to buy a tutorial for modeling, i know the basics of Maya i have learning autodesk Maya 8.5 book and read that and i know how to work Maya's UI, i just have trouble thinking how to start and what to do when modeling objects, so my question is what modelling tutorial is great on showing you how to model things, now i don't want the beginner one that's not going to be worth buying because i know all the things being shown i just want one that varies from beginner to intermediate to advance so i can learn from it. i hope I'm making sense lol, so what modeling tutorial should i get? i mostly want objects that have detail as i can model bodies as it kind of one flow from head to toes user added image
thank you

# 2 12-08-2007 , 01:30 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
The learning maya books are quite good, this website provides tutorials, you have gnomon, digital tutors and lynda.com also....
There are a lot of free text tutorials on the internet.
And the forementioned websites do also have a couple of free ones.
But i think the best way learning maya is a learning curve that follows the common workflow. modeling, shading texturing, lighting, animation rendering, compositing.
(hope i did it in the right orderuser added image ).
I myself started with maya with a tutorial from lynda.com about a little robot with one wheelclick

good luck

# 3 12-08-2007 , 02:13 AM
Jr.Who
Mastone, you gave him the link for Maya 6.5 training. Here’s the Maya 8 training from Lynda:
https://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=329

I would not recommend looking at Gnomon’s tutorials. I’ve taken several, and learned very little from them. I’d say that you should check out Digital Tutors, Lynda, and this site.

Did you finish any of the free tutorials from this site? user added image

# 4 12-08-2007 , 08:26 AM
yeah i did frank and Ive modeled boogie from open season, but i want objects not people/animals i want a turoial that models something that doesn't flow if you know what i mean.

# 5 12-08-2007 , 08:43 AM
Look around you in your room and start modeling user added image :p :p

# 6 12-08-2007 , 09:58 AM
Jr.Who
Check out the Med Lab and Interior Scene tutorials from this site.
user added image