Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-08-2007 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber

Attach surfaces

So, every so often I go back and attempt another face just to see if I'm getting any better at modeling. Well, I'm not, lol, but in any case I've run into a problem with NURBS.

I started with a sphere and roughed out a shape i kinda liked, but I wasn't happy with the topology not going in the "old person above the mouth creases" (i wonder what the anatomical name for those are). So I made a duplicate of the face, made the first one live and separated just the loop of patches that are in that spot. When I got them to where i liked it, I successfully reattached the majority of the NURBS, but when i tried to do the same for the rest I get an odd result

Attached Thumbnails

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.
# 2 28-08-2007 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
...not sure how to attach multiple pics in one post

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 28-08-2007 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber
Its actually attaching them correctly it seems, but it ruins the rest of the mesh. I switched the view to the inside of the face, the highlighted area is the new attachment

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 28-08-2007 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber

i got it

Nevermind.....i dont know why, but when i attach a to b it hates me, but b to a worked just fine. I'm back on track.

I think im gonna start posting this in the wip section,

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 29-08-2007 , 05:27 AM
glad you sorted that problem out....

the anatomical name for that crease is the nasolabial fold. user added image