Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-10-2007 , 08:31 PM

simple tree, UV problems

I'm trying to model a simple tree - I make the trunk from a cone which I bend and stretch about, and then do the same for a branch. The problem is merging the trunk to the branch. Booleans creates a horrible mess and it utterly destroys the UV map when I try to get rid of the >4 sided faces it destroys the UV map. I can only have 4 sided faces at maximum, because I want to move my basic tree into zbrush to model it more there. Does anyone have any advice?

# 2 07-10-2007 , 08:37 PM
Dont use boolians, they cause a nightmare with geo.

I would use a cube and extrude the branches that way, you will still have to UV map it as adding the geo to the cube will mess up the map, but a automap will do it fine if your creating the texture/detail in Zbrush

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle