Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 11-01-2003 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber
oh very interesting user added image so it is the hardware that determines what kind of stuff you can capture? i always thought firewire was like usb, just a slot to plug stuff in and was the actual camcorder or whatever that did the job

is it possible to record from the computer onto the camcorder tape using firewire?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 17 11-01-2003 , 02:32 AM
The only way to get footage onto a DV camcorder via FireWire is to compress the footage to a DV movie. This is where programs like Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and DV Express come in. DV is just another codec that is specific to DV camcorders.

FireWire can also be used to connect hard drives. In that sense, it works like USB only a million times faster. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 18 11-01-2003 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
shame all mine are IDE, bah, i like em :p

i want to take the DV footage, but it on the computer, edit it, composite it, then eventually record it onto tape, how would i accomplish that last step?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 19 11-01-2003 , 01:47 PM
Nem: You already have the keys you need in this thread user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!