Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 01-10-2009 , 08:34 AM

Extruding edge problem

Hello, Im working off a tutorial, making an android leg off an image. Everything goes well, untill I try to extrude selected edges of a Subdiv Cylinder with the top and bottom cut off.

I made a screenie so you can see what the problem is. When I extrude the selected edges, the new part doesnt get nice and straight, but weird wiggly :S

Does anyone know why it does this? I extruded the same kind of object before and i didnt have this problem O.o

user added image

# 2 01-10-2009 , 09:06 AM
Subscriber
it looks as if you've hit 2 on the keyboard, which will show you the smooth preview mesh and the original wireframe

i'm guessing if you hit 1 then it should straighten itself back up

if not then... i don't know the answer :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 01-10-2009 , 02:05 PM
D'Oh D:

That worked, thanks alot