Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-10-2012 , 04:56 PM

3D Motion tracking/Compositing - help

Hey all,

I've been frantically looking on the internet for tutorials on 3d compositing but all I am getting is, how to put item's in a shot, not an actor or real life subject into a 3D shot.

I'm looking to make something like this Prey Alone HQ - YouTube.

# 2 17-10-2012 , 05:00 PM
Technical Director
Loved that movie.

What you need to do, is have tracking markers on your green screen. Then you would need to use a 3d tracking software such as PFTrack, Boujou, Syntheyes, or even NukeX. Once you have the 3d motion of the camera, you would key out the actor, render out your 3d scene with the tracked camera, then composite them together.

See the following for an example on what the setup is like: https://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/gr...eenplates.html

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 18-10-2012 , 01:21 PM
rm3d
oh NextDesign that is awesome, i love 3d tracking so this is incredibly useful thanks. and is giving me some great tips user added image

the more I Think I know about Maya the less I seem to know about it.

check me out www.rm3d.co.uk