Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 19-11-2012 , 02:56 AM
Acid44
Here are a few sites I found with refs for an evo IX. Don't worry about the exact model, you can pretty easily tell with bits aren't supposed to be on the one you're doing user added image

https://www.netcarshow.com/mitsubishi...olution_ix_se/

https://www.netcarshow.com/mitsubishi..._evolution_ix/
^search that one for other models of the EvoIX as well, they should have tons.

https://www.sportsnimports.com/board/...trunk-lip.html

https://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-pa...lots-more.html

https://www.motorstown.com/43459-mits...evo-ix-rs.html

Google has quite a few aswell, just put in "Lancer Evo IX" and set size to large. If you set it to one of the "larger than:" sizes, you'll typically get more specific shots the higher up you go in size. That how I usually get the detailed refs for headlights and such

Oh, and post a wireframe user added image

# 17 19-11-2012 , 03:02 PM
Thanks for the help, I will post a wire when i get home.

I was using google images to search for larger images but i was having trouble finding any of a good angle. I didnt look as hard as i should have though. Seems like everyone wants a photo of their lancer in the same angle.

I did figure out i had the position of a lot of things along the side of the car wrong because i misinterpreted the references/blues. So i had to scrap most of that and redo it, but came together a lot cleaner this time.

# 18 19-11-2012 , 05:58 PM
Acid44
Yeh, it's hard to find pictures of any car that aren't from a low angle of the front/left, or rear/right. :p

# 19 20-11-2012 , 02:29 PM
I agree. Usually when you get one with a decent close up it is usually of an aftermarket part.

# 20 20-11-2012 , 06:04 PM
Acid44
Yeh. Sometimes that works out well though, makes it pretty easy to find refs for the hood, since a lot of people make carbon fibre hoods. Sometimes you can also find forum threads on people doing repairs and stuff too, so you can get decent refs or random bits :p

# 21 21-11-2012 , 12:03 AM
I ended up getting great references for my Celica i made from an auto repair website that had a mildy damaged(scratches and dings) celica they were talking about how they repaired with pics included.

# 22 21-11-2012 , 05:40 AM
Acid44
Those types of things are pure gold. Especially with cars like the Evo/Skylines/Celicas, and other Japanese cars that are upgraded by everyone. I got most of my KPGC10 refs from tuner sites and stuff, ended up with a lot of really nice close up shots of almost every part.

# 23 11-03-2013 , 12:19 AM
Although incredibly delayed i had some free time to work on this again and here is the wire! only a few month delay.

Attached Thumbnails

# 24 21-04-2013 , 05:56 PM
Final render.

Dont have a lot of time to tinker with maya but i just wanted to finish this project so took some shortcuts near the end. Still like how it came out though.

Attached Thumbnails

# 25 22-04-2013 , 06:04 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Solid modeling but that render needs alot of work you could use hdri light software If you want to create a studio render or search for free hdri images to mess with to light your model

# 26 27-04-2013 , 02:09 AM
I really only did anything with the render just to show something. I have very little interest in lighting and rendering. I prefer modeling only. That is why i usually give my files to I-Iybrid because he likes to texture and render.

This car was very uniquely challenging from other cars i have made because of its unusual curves and lines but very rewarding when complete.