Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 26-04-2013 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber

Explorer vehicle

Doing a project at Uni, this is a render of my vehicle I modelled, textured and rigged, inspired by concept artists Scott Robertson and annis naeem aswell as some other refrences I found via the internet. At the moment I am integrating it into live footage hopefully post some images up to and other assets. I have also changed the lights to a texture wasn't coming out the way I wanted it to and amended the inside cockpit as you can see a bit of the exterier but thats fixed now.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-04-2013 , 11:06 AM
The thin red line
Looks cool are you going to do a animation.............dave

# 3 27-04-2013 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
yeah I have animated it into my scene and comp in nuke at the moment, but looking into adding some particles for dust from the wheels.

# 4 27-04-2013 , 07:42 PM
rm3d
really great. love the style. im love cgi in live action footage so cant wait to see what you do with this. user added image

the more I Think I know about Maya the less I seem to know about it.

check me out www.rm3d.co.uk
# 5 29-04-2013 , 04:04 AM
Lifetime Member
Ha!!! love it mate....cant wait to see more.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes