Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-05-2012 , 09:48 PM

Slow file/project browser relief at last

Oh man, I love google. I've been toiling away at slow open and set project dialogs for months, not realizing all I had to do is disable floppy drivers in the Device Manager. Suddenly they're snappy and don't make me scared of trying to do project management! In case you were working in silent pain like me, take some pain relievers. Destroy your non-existent floppy drives user added image

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 2 28-05-2012 , 12:44 AM
EduSciVis-er
Thanks for sharing that. Fortunately I don't have any floppy drives, but that could be a common problem. Now if only the hypershade could open quickly.

# 3 28-05-2012 , 12:56 AM
that's the point actually... I don't have a floppy either, but the custom open dialogs that are built into maya try to find a floppy if your driver is active anyway. Which slowed project management to a crawl for me. I suspect that if you HAVE a floppy drive you'd never see the issue. If you don't have one, you may or may not be affected. Yeah, lol to the stupid hypershade. We can hope, right?

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer
# 4 28-05-2012 , 09:35 AM
The Nurb Herd

Now if only the hypershade could open quickly.

try disabling the swatches.

# 5 21-05-2013 , 06:37 AM
It is possible to add files either by dragging them to the (project) drawer, or use the “Add Existing Files…” action in the project drawers action menu (the one with the gear icon).

Another way to create a project is by dragging files directly onto the TextMate application icon (shown e.g. in the dock). This is a shortcut for creating a new project consisting of these files..............

# 6 17-06-2013 , 09:02 AM
Banned