Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 26-07-2013 , 08:32 PM

Transparent texture without lighting

Hey there! I've been wondering how to make transparent texture to not "catch" lights on transparent places. Maybe it's simple but I don't know how

# 2 26-07-2013 , 10:02 PM
EduSciVis-er
Can you post a screenshot of what you mean by "catch" light? Do you have a texture in your transparency channel? What kind of shader is it?

# 3 26-07-2013 , 10:24 PM
Super Moderator
If you're using any of the Maya shaders then you might have to run your masking texture through a reverse node then plug that into the specular color. If you're using an mia_mat then just use the 'cutout opacity' channel under the advanced section.

- Genny
# 4 26-07-2013 , 10:54 PM
Sorry for this, but I figured out that the problem is not as I explained it. I make Minecraft animation (Minecraft is a video game) and there is object which doesn't look right. Here is screenshot https://prikachi.com/images/573/6377573N.png . This thing with the light blue squares shouldn't look that orange. It must look like the gray objects next to it. [I imported the thing with the light blue squares later]

# 5 26-07-2013 , 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
Can you upload the scene, or at least that part of it(a grey piece and the 'orange' piece)?

- Genny