Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-12-2013 , 05:17 AM

Animation and Axis problem

I'm animating a car, ive rigged the body and controls to a curves which I can then animate the position with. Ive also used a script so that when I move the car using the curve, the wheels turn aswell.
but now...
when I translate the car(lets say) in the z translate, in the layer editor window, the z translate values change.correct!
But when I rotate the car, and then translate the car, i have Z and x translating. im using object move axis, local axis the arrows are pointing in a wrong direction.
The problem comes when I have to smoothen my curves so the car puls off at a slower speed and gains momemtum, then I have edit two curves instead of one, and they have to be perfectly sync or else the car doesnt move straight but has a slight curve. Ive attached images.

i need to help in understanding how I can move the curve in one axis only. also if I select the cars body layer and animate that only then even if I rotate it, it moves in the correct axis.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-01-2014 , 03:44 AM
If it is giving issues on a certain axis you can go into the channel box and right click te axis you ave select and "lock and hide" or simply lock that axis. I use this a bunch in grouping with rigging. If I were to have all of the translating in groups I would get double transforms as you say. So this is my fix in rigging and grouping things to maintain a clean hierarchy.

# 3 25-01-2014 , 06:23 AM
Banned
Here is a selection of wonderful recipes for homemade beauty regimens are not only the skin, but also very sensitive to the environment.