Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-08-2003 , 05:16 AM

Cool Laptop is out of this world:)

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 2 30-08-2003 , 07:06 AM
the case is soo cool you get twice as many posiblities to get it stolen than with a regular laptop... user added image
I find it lacks connection ports... or they are all inside a protective case?

# 3 30-08-2003 , 08:46 AM
Alienware pc's are really cool. I would get one but the system I designed was like 11K!:saywhat: So I guess I'll stick with my VIAO for now. It's not all bad though, the processer is a whole GHz faster than my desktop system.

# 4 30-08-2003 , 10:33 AM
Subscriber
I have an alienware latop and I would sound a note of caution based on my experience with customer support in the UK.

It is a deeply lovely machine and it runs really well, but when it required a new HDD due to component failure (machine was less than 6 months old) it took more than 20 phone calls and emails and a great deal of hassle to get it replaced, and I have full coverage and on site service, allegedly. I found their support people really very unhelpful in wanting to resolve the problem - great machine until it goes wrong, in my experience. But, great machine. I have a Dell desktop however and I know who i'll be buying from next time.

# 5 31-08-2003 , 02:27 AM
Had a friend with an Alienware tower a few years back, and he LOVED it, but he paid a TON for it.

He said it was pretty much off-the-shelf composnents, with a snazzy case.

...I think the cases are cool personally, but i couldn't justify the current price as I configured it from thier site too. (ouch!)

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 6 31-08-2003 , 07:06 AM
My site will be offering custom computer building. If someone wanted an alienware case, so thats they basialy bought an AlienWare, where can i get Alienware cases?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 7 31-08-2003 , 07:07 AM
I don't think you can. Alienware rip people off, it's a normal computer in a special case and their prices are extortionate. I will never be tempted to buy from them scammers!

# 8 31-08-2003 , 07:09 AM
Vampus
BAH! You all shop like WOMEN(no offense to the women intended:p) "Look at that one, isn't it pretty?" user added image

Give me a big old grey tower for $20 anyday.

EDIT: ...or in this case, a big old black laptop user added image

# 9 31-08-2003 , 07:15 AM
Them things look amazing, however the prices they sell them computers are no way worth it. Would love one of them cases though.

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 31-08-2003 , 03:08 PM
The one case I saw that I just loved was a Lego case. That way, when you're waiting on the god-awful render times, you can make a castle or throw the little Lego people in your moat, or whatever.

The hubby saw one that had a coffepot in it. That's his idea of a perfect case. user added image

# 11 31-08-2003 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber
you know I could never understand why people like these cases...whats the deal with having a grill or a strange grove at every available space, whats wrong with a flat surface (like an apple or sony laptop...sorry ragecgi)

anyway...anyone know who designed them?

Monsters! Monsters from the id!
# 12 31-08-2003 , 04:08 PM
its the same reason why lots of people buy expenssive cell phones... the functionality is the same... yet its cool... you can have that tower as a piece of furniture in your room... user added image

# 13 31-08-2003 , 10:57 PM
Yeah, I agree with all of ya.

At first glance it just appealed to the old gamer in me a bit is alluser added image

I'm a fan of wacky-a$$ case mods, tho I would never have the time or patience to do it, so that's why I posted the link for others' opinionsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 14 31-08-2003 , 10:59 PM
I saw once a women body case .. guy used a mannequin or something ... now that I think about it, I think the link was around here somewhere.

# 15 01-09-2003 , 01:53 AM
best computer ever is Yoshi's Boxx you should search for it, it is unbelievable user added image