Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-09-2002 , 05:52 PM

Animated image planes

Iam having a go at camera tracking in maya, and i need to have the film file on the camera image plane. Everytime i try choose my file to add to the image plane i get an error that it cannot read the file user added image Ive tryed everyfile type know to man and beast and i still cannot get the bugger to stick user added image

Is there anyone out there that has an idea whats going on!?

# 2 17-09-2002 , 11:58 AM
Have you tried deinterlaced images?

# 3 22-09-2002 , 11:09 PM
Yea

I don't think u can actually load a movie file into it. The way I have done it before is through an image sequenc.

Example:
image001-image055

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 4 23-09-2002 , 12:11 AM
Well ... you might want to try AVI ... but not your DIVX-and-more-plug-ins-that-mess-up-the-original-avi type ... since Maya would need a decoder to displays those.

Besides MyK has a point.

# 5 23-09-2002 , 05:25 AM
Thanks for your replys, i re-enstalled maya and it worked user added image .

You can have a avi/mov on imageplanes. But you have to key the frame-extention at the start and finish to make it play and show up in the final render.

Thx

/Nozzy

# 6 25-08-2003 , 07:40 AM
Hey Nozzy,

I'm trying to assign a mov file as a map, but cannot get it to work. Would you mind walking me through how you got it happeneing? I assigned the material, and keyed the Frame Extension so it matches the number of frames, but nothing displays or renders.

Thanks,
-dann