Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-10-2003 , 07:53 PM

HELP!!! THIS IS A PICKLE FOR Camera image planes???

Ok guys. This problem has been driving me nuts so I know one of you Maya demi-gods can solve it. Here it goes:

I imported a video background image (from Boujou tracking) and brought it into Maya 5. I set everything up and cannot see ANY objects infront of the camera image/plane. I checked the Depth of the camera clipping planes but they should be fine? Look at the pic to see if these are ok?

I have checked all my settings and they should be correct. Can you guys tell me why I can not see the 3D objects; but when I select the object and move it....it becomes visible until I stop manupliating the object?

I have a Radeon 9700 Pro ALL IN WONDER card but I have loaded the latest drivers and this bug I am incountering is the only buggy thing on my system. Can this be a Maya bug???

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-10-2003 , 07:55 PM
The Maya Mountain
By any chance has the Show options been turned off on the camera view?

Otherwise, I'm not sure. I usually just use a geoemtry plane as a backdrop.

# 3 12-10-2003 , 08:03 PM
hmmmm. Not sure. Where is the Show options window or menu? Thx for the quick reply.

# 4 12-10-2003 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
I usually just use a geometrical plane like Mike said. Easier to use in my opinion. Having you tried moving around your scene in a different camera to see if everything is alright?

# 5 12-10-2003 , 08:15 PM
I can try that. I was only going through this route since I had tracked the scene in Boujou and exported the camera. The strange thing is that it works on my work system.

I can see the object from the Perspective view with the background image but when I move the object...this time the background image disappears? LOL.