Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 08-01-2004 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
hear ya go.. chatting about it in IRC..

<<<oversized image removed>>>

Last edited by dave_baer; 11-01-2004 at 12:03 AM.
# 32 10-01-2004 , 07:03 PM
Here, I've been active (ahum, not been having a lot of time) on the cleaning. Here are some things to compare user added image. BTW: I seem to have lost the middle ring, on the lowest part of the round tower part, wich held windows and some rings.... I should be more carefull in the future user added image. And I didn't expect cleaning to take such an amount of time user added image

Last edited by dave_baer; 11-01-2004 at 12:02 AM.
# 33 10-01-2004 , 07:06 PM
Sorry bout the size, but I had to this time user added image How can I delete attachments in posts btw? Man, this sucks. other people in the WIP forum always have it finished, in nice textures and when they have the same post count in a thread as I do in this one..... I guess I'm slow as hell, as wel as lazy user added image user added image.

Last edited by dave_baer; 11-01-2004 at 12:02 AM.
# 34 10-01-2004 , 09:03 PM
Can anyone help me with the textures, I'm trying to have 3 of em ready:
1: A hard dark rock, reflective, as if the tower was carved from it, no stones.
2: A marble white thing, also without stones.
3: A large bouldered, marble Ànd black rock tower user added image.
So does anyone know how to get a texture bumpy enough to seem 'spikey', and with a non-continuing reflection ( ever seen a rock have the same reflection at every corner? user added image ). I just had a wonderfull wall but I accidentely reloaded the scene again and now I'm stuck without bumping / displacement again. How to connect such things in the hypershade? :bgreen: :bgreen:

# 35 11-01-2004 , 12:01 AM
dirack. every one of your images is different sizes. can you not render or take a screen shot that is 640x480 or lower?

In the render globals, set the render szie to 640x480. If it's a screen shot, in photoshop choose IMAGE - IMAGE SIZE and make it 640x480.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 36 11-01-2004 , 11:21 AM
Sorry sorry, the last 2 images had to be, the rest was better off removed user added image. I'm not a total idiot, so I know the render globals work. :bgreen: Don't quote me on that if I'm being an idiot again btw:bgreen: a shame some over the general views were deleted, it would be nice to check what steps I had taken at the end user added image But and texturing tips people?