Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-01-2004 , 12:01 AM

replacing names

hi all, have a little question, you all know that you can do a "Search and Replace"-command when Mirroring Joints, right.
Now, in m case I had a lot of influence objects that I copied and mirrored, and since I hade all the Objects named L_blablabla. I wanted to Rename all of them to R_blablabla, without having to sit and manually rename them. Is there any way to do a "search and replace"-command for objects?user added image

<font="old english">...pastuhoff...</font>
# 2 18-01-2004 , 06:25 AM
There is a wonderful MEL script called cometRename from Mike Comet's website (https://www.comet-cartoons.com). It'll allow you do all sorts of renaming fun.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 18-01-2004 , 07:12 PM

nice.

user added image thanks man.. I will try it out..

<font="old english">...pastuhoff...</font>