Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 25-06-2012 , 08:00 PM
The Nurb Herd
hey, i'm not saying it is bad, I know its great. its better than mental ray in many ways.

For me its just strange that people who don't use mental ray much see it as faster, better, easier. the principles of rendering and lighting are the same, so why not learn mental ray instead of spending extra money on Vray.... meh horses for courses i guess.
i suppose if vray has an easier learning curve then it might be better for starting out. you can always go back to mental ray.

# 17 26-06-2012 , 12:58 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi djwaterman,

Thanks for your pov.

Hey honestdom,

No way I'm dishing MR. Like I said before, I'm not dishing MR, I will still have to take it further as I need to know it. It's not an option for me to dish MR.
But for personal works if V-Ray can speed things up, no doubt I'll put my hands on user added image
It's always good to have an alternative and for what I saw, V-Ray seems to be quicker to learn, period.
I will still need MR in the future, no doubt and I totally agree with your pov too. user added image

Last edited by cgisoul; 26-06-2012 at 03:10 AM.
# 18 26-06-2012 , 10:22 AM
The Nurb Herd
cool man,
look forward to hearing more about it as you get into it.