Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 29-07-2006 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber

Faces Problem

Hello!

I'm trying to delete 2 faces of an object and when I select and delete them, they continue to be there, the only thing that changes it's their blue "dot" - that disappears (and after that I can't select them anymore). How can I delete well?

Thank you, user added image
Sepraud

Attached Images
# 2 29-07-2006 , 07:14 PM
I think your problem is that, the parts (faces) you circled around are not independent faces. or meaning, they are "not" a whole face.

the ones you circled are just part of a whole face. they are not 100% face therefore you wern't able to select what you wanted.

you should try cutting the whole face with the split polygon tool.
hope that was the problem.

9 months into Maya...and still learning...
0 experience with any other 3D programs
# 3 29-07-2006 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber

similar problem

Hey, I am having a similar problem deleting faces. I also delete a face and the geometry in that area is still there, but the face dot locator is gone. It's driving me nuts, I am building an interior and cannot poke the proper holes for doors and windows.

However, I have been creating the faces using the split polygon tool. The walls are pretty much all extruded faces done with the split polygon tools, I just can''t delete those faces. I've tried deleting the history, I've tried using booleans to poke holes, both with no success. The face does not actually go away. Any other ideas at all, or possible help?
Thanks
Noah

user added image

Last edited by jewthodman; 29-07-2006 at 11:45 PM.
# 4 31-07-2006 , 06:56 AM
Subscriber
@jewthodman
have you tried remaking it
the red dots looks like that there are is another faces directly below the one you trie to delete

------------------- WIP ------------------

--------------- Finished Work -------------
Apache Helicopter
Armoured Personal Unit
Apache Finished
Ferrari 360
Mech
# 5 31-07-2006 , 08:26 PM
Subscriber
Thank you for your replies, I rounded the problem by making the object in a different way. user added image
Sepraud