Lots of ways to resolve this. The easiest would be...
1. pick the one vertex in the center
2. hold shift-key and the right mouse button. A menu will pop up. pick "chamfer vertex"
This will create a single ngon at the center and create quads out to the outside edge. You can then easily add edge loops and collapse the center ngon when you are done (or divide it up into quads if that is your thing.
1. pick the center vertex
2. hold the control-key and the right mouse button. A different menu will pop up. This time select "to edges" and all the radial edage will be selected
3. hold the shift-key and right mouse and select "delete edges"
Now you have one big ngon on the bottom
4. now you can use "extrude face" and scale inward to create edge loops from the outside in.
and there are lots more ways but one of those two should get you where you want to be.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675