Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-01-2007 , 12:45 PM

How to draw a box with lids in maya

Hi all,
I new to maya. I wanted to create a box with lid(flap kind of). Like the normal cardbox box. Can anybody help me how to create one. I created a box by creating one cube inside another and removing the inner cube part. But lids.... I am not able to.

Thanks
Deekshit M

# 2 09-01-2007 , 05:16 PM
Senior Software Developer
To Achieve a box like that create a polygon cube duplicate it and then resize it...

Once your happy with the size place the smaller one inside the other leaving a peice... You know what I will make a quick video tute for you to show how I would do it...

Hows That?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 09-01-2007 , 06:59 PM
OK finished it, just producing it now. It will be in QT7 format so please forgive me if you don't have it, but its a free player to download.

I will post a link below once it is completed for you.

Now... The rest of you :p.. This is my first attempt at a tutorial, so no laughing at me. Its a little fast and a little dirty how I get the result, but it seems to work. Any crits on the tute would be really great tho.

https://www.home108.co.uk/tute/makeabox.rar (qutie a slowish connection 70Mb file)

dmantamp, I hope it is useful to you.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix

Last edited by R@nSiD; 09-01-2007 at 07:57 PM.
# 4 10-01-2007 , 03:04 AM
Fantastic... that is exactly what I was looking for. Very good tutorial.

Thank you very much. I hope I will get the same kind of help in future.

Thanks
Deekshit M

# 5 10-01-2007 , 04:23 AM
You are welcome.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter