Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-05-2005 , 03:16 AM

Animated T-REX

I began learning Maya and 3D techniques by creating and animating a T-Rex. I set out to make the creature walk down the street infront of my house. Well, 9 months later I finished it. Some people like it and some people don't. I think it was a good effort but it certainly isn't anything that will impress the pros amungst us.

Here it is:
T-Rex in my neighborhood

The file is about 8meg. Its a quicktime file with sound.

For anyone interested, I would like to make some of my project files available to you for download. This is an offer that I am only making to the members of this board.

Here is a link to the private download page;
T-rex download files

Thanks for everyone's supportuser added image

# 2 21-05-2005 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
Thanks James !! user added image

# 3 21-05-2005 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber
Hey, really nice work. I liked it alot, but for as the end, why does it seem that the t-rex flies away? Is that just him on cocaine and speed at the same time?

# 4 21-05-2005 , 11:53 PM
Yes... Yes that's exactly right...

# 5 22-05-2005 , 07:34 AM
Very nice work there. I like the way the t-rex looks in the environment, looks very good user added image .
The way he walks is a bit bumpy, but I think it's hard to achieve a good dinosaur animation walk, very complex.
But very nice job user added image .

# 6 25-05-2005 , 06:50 AM
Subscriber
It’s a bird,, it’s a plane,, Oh nooo.. it took a crap Hhhaaaa,,,, user added image

# 7 25-05-2005 , 11:43 AM
Umm, OK..

Did anyone notice how the T-rex's tail is behind the tree at the beginning of the clip? that tree is actaully in my neighbor's front yard. I made a matte for the tree in Photoshop then tracked it in After Effects so that it moved when the scene moved. It wasn't that hard to do but I thought I'd bring it up since it is usually overlooked.

# 8 25-05-2005 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber
hey,, It kicked but,, I thought it was cool, it just looked funny when super dino took to flight..user added image

# 9 25-05-2005 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Velusion
Umm, OK..

Did anyone notice how the T-rex's tail is behind the tree at the beginning of the clip?

Yes I noticed it. Like I said before it was very well done. Can't wait till I'm at that stage. I still need to do some tutorials on rigging . . . and after I learn all this I need to learn AE :headbang:

Cheers
Paul

# 10 26-05-2005 , 08:08 AM

Did anyone notice how the T-rex's tail is behind the tree at the beginning of the clip? that tree is actaully in my neighbor's front yard. I made a matte for the tree in Photoshop then tracked it in After Effects so that it moved when the scene moved. It wasn't that hard to do but I thought I'd bring it up since it is usually overlooked.

surely it's better if people didn't notice? the best effects are the ones you don't know are there.

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 11 26-05-2005 , 12:50 PM
:bow:

Last edited by Velusion; 26-05-2005 at 12:56 PM.
# 12 04-06-2005 , 01:40 AM
The video file doesn't work anymore. user added image

----------------------------------
A hardtop, with a decent engine, and make sure it's got a big BARFF.
# 13 04-06-2005 , 04:14 PM
Digger,
Could you be more specific. I just tried the download and it seems to be working fine. Is the file currupt?

# 14 04-06-2005 , 09:37 PM
Dunno what happened but it's working again. Something must've happend with the initial download but anyway, got to see it. Very nice work. I'm still working on my first model and your video has given me that extra bit of motivation I need.

----------------------------------
A hardtop, with a decent engine, and make sure it's got a big BARFF.