Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 13-03-2016 , 10:01 PM

Help with my anime model's eyes?

I have been trying to remove apparent color or transparency issues with my models eyes. I asked for help on the AutoDesk forum since I am using Maya but there was no solution offered in the end. The person that tried helping first said the "color map got plugged into the transparency attribute" and that I had to break the connection. I did that but the end result was the area of her eyes that should be white turned light purple.

After that, the person suggested I uncheck "Alpha is Luminance." That was a solution...up until I realized that it is useless because it didn't export with the model(unless I am doing something wrong?).

So can someone tell me exactly what the issue is(or fix it for me)? I am trying to fix her eyes so I can then either upload her to Mixamo to animate or use a BVH file to animate her then add her to After Effects and turn her into a short Youtube intro. The only thing stopping this is the eye issue.

This is the way it looks currently
user added image

And this is the way it should look
user added image

Can someone offer me a solution? It is driving me insane. I will link to her model files if requested.

Last edited by Lolicon; 13-03-2016 at 10:11 PM.