Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-02-2007 , 11:01 PM

translate, rotate, scale problem

Ok, so I had Maya 8 on my computer. I then reformatted my computer and reinstalled Maya 8. Now, after doing some modeling and stuff, I noticed that I couldnt rotate or scale while in any view besides perspective. I can translate just fine in all the views. But when in Top View or something, and I select an object, and then click either rotate or scale, nothing comes up except faint gray lines with faint gray boxes on the end. I cant select these gray lines or anything. Now, when on my school's computers, I can rotate and scale in any view. This is REALLY annoying. Is there some setting I messed up? THanks.

Update: I renamed the maya folder in My Documents to force maya to create a new one. Now, I can only Rotate in Top view and not in Perspective. And I can only Scale in Perspective. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!

Last edited by ericed; 20-02-2007 at 11:23 PM.
# 2 30-04-2007 , 09:16 PM
This is exactly the problem I have. Anyhow If I sort it out I'll let you know. I've heard that it's a bug with Maya 8, I've also heard that it's a problem with some graphics cards.

# 3 30-04-2007 , 11:46 PM
Senior Software Developer
As far as can remeber this issue was resolved by installing the Maya 8 Bonus Tools and any updates that came with it. Grab them at www.the-area.com

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)