Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-07-2003 , 03:06 AM
Subscriber

Need feed back on character

Hello, joined the site the other day and wondered if you guys could help...Been staring at this character too long (you know what that's like) Need second or more pairs of eyes to take a peek and give me some feed-back. He is missing something.... Got a bit p'd off with him and gave him some bunny slippers and a blanky, not really the appropriate props, I know.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-07-2003 , 03:08 AM
Subscriber

feed back con't

Here is the full shot.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 26-07-2003 , 03:21 AM
The Maya Mountain
I'll combine your threads.

# 4 26-07-2003 , 04:24 AM
damn yo thats tight.

# 5 26-07-2003 , 07:06 AM
What is the context for this character?

Sy
# 6 26-07-2003 , 12:09 PM
Hi =)

I would maby try and build the neck an inch or 2 bigger.

Looks like a deamon to me, and it/he just stole some little girls night outfitt.. shame on him hehe.

Ps. Welcome to simplymaya.

Xigen :bgreen:

# 7 26-07-2003 , 12:14 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the silviapalara, I am a die hard nurbs modeler, this is my first attempt at poly's for a character. He is just an exercise but I am not happy with him.

# 8 26-07-2003 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber
The face looks good but the torso needs more work....i think

alex

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 9 27-07-2003 , 01:17 AM
Rather than a drag-queen demon, I would say he just ate a little girl and is now running away with her souvenirs... ehehehe...
I think the rib cage could be improved a little, and you should add to the legs the same nice bone and muscle definition you did in the arms.
The reason I ask about the context of the character is that even though it is just an exercise, it helps to envision the look and feel of the character (for me, at least), so I know if it should be muscular of flabby, how much detail, should it look threatening or cute, etc.

Silvia

PS: also either give him a pair of pants or he won't be happy to look like a Barby doll "down there".... user added image

Sy
# 10 27-07-2003 , 06:52 PM
Hahaha, when I saw the top photo I was like hmm...then when I scrolled down to see he/she was wearing pink bunny slippers and holding a blankey I laughed.

# 11 28-07-2003 , 08:07 AM
I like this character a lot.
I was thinking...... his hands seem long and slender..... and his face/head is awesome....
what if you stretched out his mid section and elongated his legs... I think his head and the arms/hands would fit really well on a tall slender alien. Maybe almost a 3rd again taller than he is now.
Mind you I am a total Maya noob and my only expertise lies in the world of 2D art user added image

# 12 29-07-2003 , 10:48 PM
Subscriber
Hello again user added image Thanks for all the input... The little girl was regurgatated (spelling?), blanky returned and, Sy, sorry there is a shortage of "packages" out there user added image. This is an update, minus the textures this time...

# 13 29-07-2003 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Ice Queen
Hello again user added image Thanks for all the input... The little girl was regurgatated (spelling?), blanky returned and, Sy, sorry there is a shortage of "packages" out there user added image. This is an update, minus the textures this time...

Attached Thumbnails