Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-05-2006 , 09:08 AM

Nonmanifold Geometry

I run cleanup on the polygon then merge all problem vertices but still can't convert to sub-d. Is this mesh unable to be changed to a sub-d?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-05-2006 , 11:21 AM
Subscriber
Hey, i am no expert when it comes to this but i think you have to delete these faces.

Attached Thumbnails

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 01-05-2006 , 08:37 PM

could be right

you're right it would work if i deleted them... but the tutorial i'm doing looks like it has these faces. its kinda hard to see what i'm supposed to do with this tutorial and it would help if it was in english.
Also I'm supposed to extrude the faces on this area but when i extrude it pulls the faces in leaving a hole rather then pulling new faces out to create thickness. why does this happen?

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 01-05-2006 , 10:24 PM

prob solved

i think i have just solved my own problem... god it feels good... such a weight off my shoulders. i was extruding the wrong part.:attn: