Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-10-2006 , 08:27 AM

objects distorting

I am trying to animate a scene but as soon as I go to the next frame my camera changes its view and all the objects in my scene change there size, scale and position. I have deleted all the history and cannot work out what the hell is going on. If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this madness it would be much appreciated.

cheers leon

# 2 03-10-2006 , 11:11 PM
are all your objects actually moving and reshaping, or does it just appear that way because your camera moved? my guess would be that you've got a keyframe on your camera, but you then later moved it to a different point and forgot to key it, so the camera keeps jumping back to where it was keyed to. maybe if you could give us a before and after shot so we can see what's going on (and select your current camera first so we can see any keyframes in the timeline)

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 03-10-2006 , 11:28 PM
ok here are some screen grabs of whats happening. The 1st is how things should be the 2nd is what happens when I go to frame 2 and the 4rd is what things look like in the scene. Also if I go back to frame 1 things are still in this messed up state. I hope you have some idea what I have done.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 03-10-2006 , 11:29 PM
here is frame 2

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 03-10-2006 , 11:32 PM
and this is what has happened to all the objects in the scene.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 03-10-2006 , 11:40 PM
hmm. wow that's bizarre. only thing i can think of is try creating a new scene and import your objects, see if that helps.

Accept no substitutions.
# 7 04-10-2006 , 08:20 AM
Tried creating a new scene and copy pasting but the problem persits. The camera does'nt change position but everything flies off everywhere still. Thanks for the suggestion though. I know it is probaly going to be something real small to fix it but I am still learning maya really since I have only been using it for 5 months now. If anyone can come up with any suggestions it would be much appreciated or else I am going to have to do this the old school way and animate it by hand.

Cheers leon

# 8 04-10-2006 , 08:48 AM
The Maya Mountain
I imagine you'd need to adjust your camera's settings.

# 9 04-10-2006 , 08:38 PM
Its ok I managed to fix the problem. It was a case of me being sloppy with the way things were connected in my scene. I opened up the outliner and went through connecting everything properly and now everything seems ok and ready for me to animate. Now when I scroll through the frames everything stays exactly where is should.
The only problem is a camera which is in my scene which moves as I scroll through the frames. I have no idea what is doing there or how to get rid of. I hoping to learn how to animate the scene from a tutorial but would like to start without this camera there. If anyone could let me know how to get rid of this camera or what it is for it would be much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
# 10 05-10-2006 , 01:06 AM
ehhh.... you should be able to remove the camera by finding it in the outliner and simply deleting it. If for some reason that screws things up, just leave it in the scene, and create a new camera - they don't visibly render, so its not like it'll be seen. And every file already has four cameras in it by default anyways.... one more won't hurt or really change anything.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 11 05-10-2006 , 01:44 AM
Thanks for the help xander-0.