Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-01-2008 , 04:20 PM

Purchasing rigged models?

Google searches for 3D models isn't helping me a ton. There's a lot of crap out there.

Do you guys have any links to sites that sell high quality, rigged models?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

# 2 15-01-2008 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
not sure where you can buy them, but off the top of my head you could head over to highend3d.com as they have lots of free rigged models.

Chris

# 3 15-01-2008 , 05:02 PM
The Maya Mountain
My animation book has several fully rigged, textured models included, if you're not looking for anything specific.

# 4 15-01-2008 , 08:09 PM
Subscriber
Mike! Haven't seen you round here for a while, or am i just not paying attention?

If you go into the visor window of MAYA there is an example of a skeleton which can be used to practice rigging. It isn't that hard to do once you get into it.

If you want i can upload a model i extracted from a game?
so long as you are using it for practice and not for sale or money i think it is legal (don't quote me on that though) it is fully textured and i fixed up rigging problems myself.

also i think there are some rigged models on this site: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge