Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-01-2013 , 04:10 PM
Subscriber

Render error? Modeling a sniper rifle

user added image

I copied the object and made a new scene and pasted it in there and tried to setup and render again and still the same error.

Ideas?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 2 20-01-2013 , 08:35 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
copy and paste wont do it, you are just creating a new error from the same version.

try exporting the model as an obj file or try saving the scene as an .ma file instead of an .mb

Jay

# 3 02-02-2013 , 05:31 PM
Subscriber
I exported as an obj
and then imported it
same thing

I went to preferences and reset all

nothing

Is there a script I can run to reset render settings?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 4 03-02-2013 , 05:10 AM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 12-02-2013 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber

# 6 12-02-2013 , 02:42 AM
Acid44
Damn, nice. Wouldn't call it a sniper rifle though, more like a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle)