Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 16-01-2008 , 04:46 PM

guys please help me out here - maya behaviours

HELP PLEASE !

I have two big problems ...
First, I have no idea why but maya's selection habits have changed ... for example if I have to objects in a straight line and I click the one towards me it selects the one behind ... it's like maya is mocking me )
Not only that but same rule applies to faces/edges. If I have a place (like a head for example) I can barely choose the front row of edges without it selecting the back ones ! (no dragging, just simple click) ... and somehow I think that the pointer isn't exact any more ... sometimes it works ok but sometimes I have to click with the middle of the arrow instead of it's tip to get smth selected ... any idea what in the hell is happening ?

Second ... is I am in object mode, and I pull verts my image planes get messed up while I zoom towards them. Any idea of what this issue might be ? If I am in normal object mode they don't change shape but if I'm in component and zoom towards them they get a distortion as if I would look at them through a magnifier glass at an angle.

Any idea how to solve this ?

Thanks for reading,
Vick.

# 2 16-01-2008 , 07:53 PM

hnnn...

Sounds like it might be your video card. What kind are you running with your system?

EA Games
# 3 16-01-2008 , 09:00 PM
ati radeon 9550 GU .. 128 megs ... I also get some anomalies when starting maya sometimes (colors get mixed up for half of my screen, but after I kill maya and restart it it works fine ... I think it's maya related ...)

# 4 17-01-2008 , 03:15 AM
I was had the same problems i use DNA drivers but remember uninstal old one restart pc and than instal DNA drivers i use this
...............> https://www.idg.pl/ftp/pc_5136/ATI.DN....3.5.4.12.html maybe help or if not work tru omega drivers 3.xx to this you must download catalist 6.xx and try its not work if you overclock you graf.

# 5 17-01-2008 , 06:52 AM
it worked with those drivers ... no problems seem to arise at the moment ... will see that happens in the near future !

thanks you very very much !
Vick.