Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-11-2002 , 04:13 PM

Out Of My Environment [Map] :)

Okaly dokaly,

Another fine fine question brought to you by MovieWerx Studios. user added image In my current scene, I have a window and I'm trying to light the room with an outside light. So far, I have used a directional light aimed at the window. Seems to be working alright. The problem I'm having is in getting something... ANYTHING outside the window. All I see when I render is black outside. Do I use an environment map to add a picture to a plane outside the window or... well... what do I use? And can you please explain the technique I use 'cos I'm totally in the dark here. user added image Thanks for your help waaaaaay in advance! user added image BTW, here's a current render of said scene. user added image

- Russell
The King Of Pain user added image

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 05-11-2002 , 04:19 PM
Hmm, Is the window itself a cube or something? Or is it just a hole in the wall?

# 3 05-11-2002 , 04:54 PM
It's a hole left from doing a projection on the wall of a square. I did have a frame around the window but when I found that my first try at lighting from the outside and doing an image plane outside the window wasn't going to work, I filled in the hole (DO OVER!!! user added image). Now, I think I want to try it all again, even though the more I add to my scene, the longer it'll take to render. I'm stubborn like that. user added image

- Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com