Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-06-2006 , 08:10 AM

Keyframe Animation - object collision, how?

Hi dear memberz, this ist my first posting.

I animated a flapper with Keyframe-Animation,
in which the flapper hits some tokens.

How can I manage the flapper not to go not into the tokens and how can I manage the tokens to be influenced by the flapper's movement (fall down etc.)...

I tried with Dynamics' rigid bodies (active/passive), but this does not work due to the fact the flapper doenst move anmore if i put an rigid body on it...

PLz help..user added image

# 2 05-07-2006 , 06:26 PM
my recommendation is to allow the tokens to fall using dynamics, and then hand animate the flapper (without using it as collidable object - just let the tokens collide with whatever else and let the tokens run through the flapper entirely) to make sure it doesn't hit the tokens.. . after you run the animation through to get the dynamic simulation, you should be able to go back into it and animate the flapper accordingly.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 05-07-2006 , 06:51 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah probably be quickest to just animate it yourself. I remember animating collapsing bridges, falling statues and columns and all that by hand at work.

I was "the dynaminator!" haha user added image