Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-10-2002 , 01:59 AM

Alpha Channel or something

HEllo !
Ive been wondering whats the best way to incorporate my render and a 2d picture. I found this tutorial but its in Russian and for 3dsmax. https://www.3dcar.kg/tutorial/less03.htm
Any tutorials like that for Maya? From what i understand, u render out the picture, then save the alpha channel, and in photoshop make the alpha determine the transparency of the 3d render over the 2d pic?

# 2 22-10-2002 , 04:05 AM
The Maya Mountain
should be just a matter of compositing

# 3 22-10-2002 , 04:40 AM
The Maya mountain is right again! user added image

Compositing is the way to go for this type of thing.

However, what that tutorial was talking about was basic camera matching and/or mapping.

In Maya, we have the "use background" shader for this simple processuser added image

Check the docs under, Material types, use background.

Hope that helped!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 22-10-2002 , 06:44 AM
hey man...yeah, in maya, just render your scene in targa format (32-bit). open up the file in photoshop and you'll see that the background is transparent...which means you can just grab it and move it over onto your background image. color-correct as you please. 2 minute job. have fun with it.

that's it, dude.

Signatures are the opium of the masses.
# 5 22-10-2002 , 05:51 PM
Ak, I still need more help : ( When i render as targa, and open in Photoshop, the image is still flat as oppose to having different layers. And when i try to use “use background material” it always stays back even if I attach a picture to it.