Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-12-2014 , 01:16 AM

How can we do uninterrupted loops? (Continuous animation without slowdown)

Hello. I made some animations. but when I play them, they are starting slowly and fast on middle and they slow down at the and. This is problem for do uninterrupted loops animations. And this problem prevents to continuity.
For example I want to do continuous animation. I added a Circle curve and I attach a polygon it. And I want to do Loop gif animation. But it plays slow at the start and end. I dont want it. I want continuous loops without slowdown. How can I do it?

Thank you very much for your helps.
Sorry for my bad english user added image

# 2 26-12-2014 , 05:14 AM
Lifetime Member
You need to go into the graph editor and change the tangents on the curve to linear tangents, that way the animation will be all the same speed.

Cheers, the Yeti.
# 3 26-12-2014 , 05:17 AM
Super Moderator
By default Maya's animation curves have "slow in" and "slow out". In the Graph Editor, select your animation curves and change the tangent. Linear should be a good option.

- Genny
# 4 26-12-2014 , 09:25 PM
Thank you very much for your helps. user added image user added image I understand. But I could not do it.
I added a circle curve. and I attach a polygone to it. its okey.
And it turning slow - fast - slow.
And I click the curve and I open the graph editor. I cick Tangents on tabs and select Linear.
But there is not any difference.
Sorry for I didnot get it. Maybe its so simple but I am beginner on maya user added image
Could you tell me step by step please. I am not clever a student :$

# 5 26-12-2014 , 09:44 PM
Ahh I found how can I do. Thank you. You are really helpfull. user added imageuser added imageuser added image
I choose the line in graph editor and then I select linear. I suppossed only I choose the item and do it bur it is not so. I must select the graphic line too...
Thank you for all helps user added image