Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-09-2004 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber

How would you guys do this?

I want to animate flat cartoon like faces on the front of these heads but what would be the best way to do it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-09-2004 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
First i was thinking animated texture but not only would that take ages it'd be a pain in the butt to get the timing right. So then i thought how about making some flat 2d shapes for eyes and mouth then push them up right against the face and turn cast shadows off, then i could just use blend shapes on them. But i don't know so i thought i'd ask before wasting time.

# 3 26-09-2004 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
I think flat shapes is a good way to go. But I think the best thing would be to use the same box head face that I remember seeing in "Stop Staring" by Jason Osipa. I think this method would work really well with what you are tring to accomplish.