Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 03-08-2004 , 02:09 AM
Did you combine both parts. go to polygons> combine then try merging verts.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 17 03-08-2004 , 03:06 AM
Subscriber
Hello. I am also encountering the same issue where i can't merge vertices together. I tried your Polygon > Combine tip but nothing happens. I get an error msg saying "polyUnite needs at least 2 polygonal objects."

Just to double check :

1) Convert NURBS to polygons
2) Delete away the nurbs and position the polygons back in place
3) Right-click and select vertex
4) select 2 or more vertices and select Edit Polygons > Merge Vertices.

Did I miss out anything ? And where should the Polygon>Combine come in ?

By the way, this site is awesome ! I'm from Singapore and I simply love this tutorial site ! I will recommend this site to my friends. Keep up the good work ! user added image

# 18 03-08-2004 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber
by combining both parts (head and neck) i'm pretty sure i combined both parts....because when i select the head the selection also includes the neck which means it is counted as one object....

i don't think my image went through..let me try again...

man!!! for some reason my image isn't working.. =(

Last edited by leykias; 03-08-2004 at 03:35 AM.
# 19 03-08-2004 , 03:40 AM
Subscriber
ok so i started to play around and i figured out why it doesnt' work......i opened up the options box for vertex merge and i found the default distance to be 0.0001 and i set the distance to MAX(which is ten) and that fixed my problem right away.

also kurt : 'distance' does that mean the max allowed distance the program will be able to merge mutliple verticies..???

again, i'd like to thank your patience and willingness to answer all my questions. the moderators of this site have been extremely helpful......

man what's the hold up on the add to cd option.....you guys are lagging!!!!!! hahahahah just kidding....keep up the great work!

# 20 03-08-2004 , 03:47 AM
I usally have mine set high like 4...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 21 03-08-2004 , 03:52 AM
Subscriber
Got the answers.. thanks guys user added image

# 22 03-08-2004 , 06:14 AM
Subscriber
sorry to bother you guys AGAIN!!!! user added image

but ah.......i've noticed when i union the head and the neck....i get additional edges...because i decided to shift click the head and neck. the reason being because when you said to click on the neck, press enter, click on the head, and press enter it didnt' do anything and you didn't describe what pressing enter did......

please feed me your knowledge again

thanks!

-steve

# 23 03-08-2004 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
anyone?