SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Modeling barbed wire

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

12-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
W1LLY

Modeling barbed wire
Hi everybody,

this is my first post in this forum and I hope to get some help on modeling barbed wire for a composite photograph.
I've already modeled a single spiral shaped wire, but now I don't know how to bend or wrap some more wires around this first one to make it look more realistic. Is there any option or command to wrap an object around another?

Thanks in advance.
12-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

In Maya 7, there is a new polygon primitive called the helix. I'd use this and adjust it to form the basic shape, then go in and taper the ends to a point.