Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-03-2004 , 07:15 PM
Lifetime Member

texturing a building

I have struggled for days now trying to figure out how to get a brick texture the right scale to fit on a building I understand roughly about texture mapping , but if you search for images of bricks on the net you will obviously get an image of a certain size and it will not be the whole side of a wall for instance.What I want to know in real basic terms is how can this texture be sized to fit on say the side of a house and still be the right scale ?
Does it involve a repeat of the image and if so , How to get the joins so the texture looks like a complete row of bricks ?
hope this question is clear and thanks in advance user added image

# 2 20-03-2004 , 07:53 PM
Hope the image helps.. you have to change setting in2dtexture node.

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 20-03-2004 , 07:58 PM
Lifetime Member
thanks Kurt ..will give it a try user added image

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 20-03-2004 , 08:38 PM

Last edited by Clod; 20-03-2004 at 08:41 PM.
# 5 20-03-2004 , 09:48 PM
Lifetime Member
Kurt I tried your method and I still had the seams showing, so then I read the tutorial that clod suggested and managed to make it seamless in PS.
Thanks clod for the info.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner