Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-08-2014 , 08:55 AM

galaxy not working in Metal ray

# 2 25-08-2014 , 03:50 AM
user added image no one help me? So sad

# 3 25-08-2014 , 01:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
Mental ray apparently still can't render paint effects. You'll have to convert them (Modify > Convert... > Paint Effects to polygons).

# 4 26-08-2014 , 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
I think this is one of those paintFX that just don't translate well after converting to polygons. Even if you set a high poly limit on the conversion settings, you still end up with a mash up of tiny triangular pieces which just look like little splinters. You can:

1. Use a particle system and do the glow in post. More versatile.
2. Software render out the image using render layers with an override to use maya software renderer, assign a "use background" to the objects you'd like to "cut out"(because they'll be rendered in mental ray). Then composite the images.

- Genny
# 5 26-08-2014 , 02:33 AM
Hey stwert.
I converted it into polygon, but it didn't work
Hey Gen.
Almost don't understand what you said but thank you. I'll google it ^^
Thank you, guys!