Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-05-2008 , 09:31 PM

Problem with slecting polygons

Greetings
I have a little annoying problem with Maya 2008. I have installed it on my laptop, however, when I select a polygon in the perspective view, the polygon face does not highlight. However, when in wireframe mode, it shows which polygon is selected.
If anybody can figure out a solution, I would be more than grateful.
Just another note, I also have 3ds max in which there are no problems with selected faces highlighting, however, I need to learn Maya for school.
Thank you very much!

# 2 26-05-2008 , 04:08 AM
Hmmm, might be a graphics card issue? Possibly try the latest drivers?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 26-05-2008 , 08:48 AM
Senior Software Developer
This could also be a geometry issue, and it has dbl faces (one on top of the other). If you finaly get a highlight, can you delete the face, but still see a face there?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 27-05-2008 , 12:00 AM
Thank you both very much for answering post.
However, as I predicted before, it was indeed a driver problem and not a double geometry issue.
I had a long fight with installing new drivers (error kept coming up) so I just had to remove the old ones and rely on windows on automatic update.
It worked wonders and now I can learn maya without any frustrations.
Love your quote Ransid, I'm a huge fan of Jimi Hendrix.

So, hopefully my road to learning maya will not be bumpy, and with any luck, I will get back to this forum to post my work... or more technical issues

# 5 27-05-2008 , 01:14 PM
Update: polygons stopped highlight again, so I turned hardware acceleration down to disable direct x applications acceleration which fixed the problem.