Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-05-2011 , 01:43 PM

Adding two materials, one with UV Editor

Hello,

first of all, im sorry if this is a double post, but i think my problem differs from the problem the guy had about two threads under this one.

I created a model and took two different screenshots of it. The first one:

https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/19843191/file.html

shows the ring with the correct inner surface but the wrong outter surface.
The other one:
https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/97295625/file.html

has the correct outter but of course the wrong inner surface.

I want to combine the outter one and the inner one from both versions.
But the Problem is, i made the inner surface with the UV Editor and the outter one by repeating the UV, after assigning a material lambert and chose a texture file as color.

Id need to add both materials to one object now, how can i realise this?
an idea that ive in mind is: put the inner surface on a higher layer after assigning it also.... but i dont know if this is even possible
i read something about the connection editor, but i didnt understand that....

i really hope someone could help me with this issue user added image

greetings,
chakuze

# 2 16-05-2011 , 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Personally I try to stay away from assigning different materials to the same mesh for a few reasons, the razor sharp transitions are just one of them. In this case it should be ok I guess. Grab the ring of faces on the inside (quick way to do that is to select one face, hold down shift and double click another face that's right next to it) then right click, assign existing material and choose your terrain shader.

- Genny
# 3 16-05-2011 , 03:33 PM
thats it^^ awesome thank you! could u tell me the way that u would prefer? if u would model a model like mine

# 4 16-05-2011 , 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
I would usually assemble the texture in Photoshop but for this I would probably use a ramp texture with two color slots, one for each texture, so that way there is some kind of fade instead of a sharp change from one texture to another.

- Genny
# 5 16-05-2011 , 10:22 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative

I would usually assemble the texture in Photoshop but for this I would probably use a ramp texture with two color slots, one for each texture, so that way there is some kind of fade instead of a sharp change from one texture to another.

That topped with the incidence node is a good solution

level 3 luchador!

image dump