Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-02-2003 , 08:17 AM

how's ur system for maya?

hi all,
i wanna know how ur systems r for ur maya. esp. for display card.
is geforce4 used well?....which one is better , ge4 and QUDRO DCC (ge3ti500).. si display problem existing when used ge4?...
thanks. maybe ge4 is not stable but render quickly...
DAnny:banana:

# 2 15-02-2003 , 08:26 AM
The Maya Mountain
My Geforce4 hasn't given me any problems. From what I understand, Quadro is better suited for Maya, but I've not used it to tell for myself one way or another.

# 3 15-02-2003 , 09:36 AM
Dam Mike! You and I are in the same time zone, but MAN, do you EVER sleep??? hehe... j/k user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 15-02-2003 , 09:44 AM
I've got 4 homebuilts here... 3 for rendering (currently in parts after a recent lan party), and my current main box.

My main machine is a DUAL P2, with 1 gig ram, and believe it or not, an Oxygen VX1 32 meg vid card! (actually works flawlessly with 4.5!)

Going to be building a new box with a goal of it having a dual P4 with a minimum of 1.5 gig ram to start....
not sure on the video card yet...

hmmmm..... what to do.....
pay taxes? or get new parts....pay taxes? or get new parts...

hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 15-02-2003 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber
I have an ATI Radeon 8500 with dual monitors out (monitors not TV ) but in Maya it has a small problem - whenever I press the mouse in an area where there is an image plane showing - the image gets blurred during the press.

If you intend to build stuff based on image planes - beware.

The reason I bought it was for the dual monitors support (and before even thinking about getting MAYA) .

Niruser added image

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com