Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 12-08-2012 , 12:45 PM
Banned

Helicopter Blades

...HELLO...
Here are some days that I break my head, impossible to control the blades with a single blade.
problem with Nonlinear- Bend: how to control a blade that controls the other three blades
In the tutorial, it says that the blades are Instance, what does this mean ?

How to solve the problem, thank you for your help, and your patience user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-08-2012 , 01:06 PM
Create one master blade and then edit>duplicate special options and select the "INSTANCE" checkbox and then make three copies rotated by 90 degrees.

Below you can see I created a simple blade shape and then applied a "duplicate special" with instance selected and made three copies rotated 90 degrees around the y-axis. I then applied a deformers > nonlinear bend to SELECTED VERTS of the original (master) blade and you can see that it affects the three instance copies of the blade.

NOTE: It's very important to note that instance copies are only affected by "component" level changes to the master. Components are verts, edges and faces. Since non-linear bend affects the blades at the vert level you can apply the NLB to the blade object.

Attached Thumbnails

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 13-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.
# 3 13-08-2012 , 07:29 AM
Banned

Bonjour

thank you very much for your help and your patienceuser added image