Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 05-02-2004 , 12:24 AM
Subscriber

Help with polys

I am trying to make a person. My fisrt oneuser added image And i am starting with a square and i will smooth it all later but when i extruded his arms and smothed it to see how it would look it smoothed each face on the arms how can i make it not do this.

Thanks, Chris user added image

Attached Thumbnails

An idea is delicate.
It can be killed by a sneer or yawn,
It can be stabbed to death by a joke
Or worried to death by a frown
On the right persons brow.
-Charles Browers
# 2 05-02-2004 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber
not sure what u really mean,,,,
but if u do an exponential smooth, in the option box uncheck keep geometry borders, it might get rid of those spike at the end of your arms there. and also, after u smooth ur mesh, u can adjust the "smoothness" by adjusting the continuity tab in the newly created polySmoothFace1 node.
hope this helps...user added image

# 3 05-02-2004 , 01:28 AM
Subscriber
It looks like the problem your having comes from extruding though’s faces with the Keep Faces Together option termed off. Either that or there was a vertix you didn't pull out with it.

I would try re-Extruding them if you can go back to that point with undo's. If not, it would help clear that up to see the mesh un-smoothed.

before you re-extrude .. check to make sure there is a check mark next to this option.

main menu
Polygons > Tool Options >
and the Keep Faces Together, should have a check beside it.

# 4 05-02-2004 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
It's hard to tell but make sure under Polygons/tool options that keep new faces together is selected. I think your faces seperated when extruding.

Edit:
Too quick on the draw Pony user added image