Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-03-2005 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber

Efficient Modeling Examples

Just wondering if there are any sites or examples you can point me to, in respect to efficient modeling. I am begining to get to the stage where I can make most shapes, but I'm sure I'm constructing in the most inefficient way possible.

Thanks
Paul

# 2 19-03-2005 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber
modeling eficiently is very broad and vague, depends on the user's workflow.
one thing to do is to know your tools and specifically what they can do.
once you know, you then have to ability to judge when to use them and what is the best tool for whatever you are using.
but start out small then move on to more complicated mesh or forms. most people start with learning organic human modeling, thats a good way to start imo, find some good tutorials and spend some time working.

as for a good site, i think this site has some good stuff.
there are alternative written tuts on www.learningmaya.com

# 3 20-03-2005 , 05:56 AM
Subscriber
Thanks vladimirjp,

I will have a go at some organic human modelling user added image

I'm still going through the free tutorials at the moment on simplymaya. I plan on buying the T-Rex DVD first and then try out some of the downloadable (points) tutorials.

Cheers
Paul

# 4 21-03-2005 , 08:47 AM
Subscriber
Vlad's right of course, but I too have asked myself the same question. How to model efficiently, better, nice, clean and so on. I enjoy study the wireframes of Pure Morning, Kurt, Pony, Jango, to name a few on here. Also https://www.bobotheseal.com/personal_art.htm for some nice wires.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 5 21-03-2005 , 08:55 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the additional info AlphaFlyte. I've taken Vlad's advice onboard and started to model a human head . . well my son's. Man its a lot harder than I thought. My mesh was wildly out of control. I'm going to start studying meshes and then try again!

I am going to check out the link you provided now.

Thanks
Paul