Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-03-2004 , 09:36 AM

Clipping with Curves. (Maya 5.0)

I got a problem.
I am making a PumpkinFace. And i draw the face with curves.
I was following a tutorial for antother versjon of maya and thougth it was more the same.
But when I tried to clip the curve it just dont work. Please tell me how......and tel me like i was 3years olduser added image

# 2 17-03-2004 , 10:53 AM
hi WideBoy, dunno much about that tut but...

i'm guessing you modelled a pumpkin and now you want holes for the mouth and eyes.

A) if the pumpkin is a NURBS surface, make it live (modify>Make Live) then draw the curves on it and with the surface selected, use the trim tool (Edit NURBS>trim tool) to click on the parts of the surface you want to keep.

B) if you've already drawn the curves, project them unto the pumpkin (select curves, select pumpkin, go to Edit NURBS>project curves on surface) do this from the front view -this way the curve(s) won't get distorted, i'm a newbie too but this gets the job done user added image. then perform the trim.

note: make sure your curves are closed or trim probably won't work well so make good use of the Edit Curves>open/close curves command.

ok i'll stop rambling now, hopefully i helped with your question