Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 46 09-01-2006 , 08:07 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Mc Fleury

Thanks dude, the neck has changed a little since that particular post, but as I said Im using Natalie Portman as a bit of reference and shes not a big girl by any means in that department for sure.

Cheers
Jay

# 47 09-01-2006 , 08:13 PM
Just thought Id post a different angle

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 48 09-01-2006 , 08:19 PM
EDIT:scuse me double post

# 49 09-01-2006 , 08:19 PM
this is an awsome work man! I was wondering what kind of job your doing...and for who?

# 50 09-01-2006 , 08:33 PM
Do you mean what this model is for or just in General? In which case I'll answer both.

This young lady is for my own project, which you can see at www.outlaws3d.com.

But my day job is playboy Billionare but by night Im ...... sorry getting carried away.

Seriously, Im part of a team of cool guys who create an online 3d comic strip called The Premier, (its a kind of soap opera about a Premier League Soccer team) working for the biggest selling Newspaper here in the UK called The Sun. We use Maya and PS on a daily basis and the Deadlines for the work are just TIGHT to say the least so we have to push things out as fast and as good as time permits, its not your usual Production facilty believe me. We were originally in the paper replacing another comic but the scripts/stories for our were so bad we were moved online, but since then the script writers were moved on and myself and the team have been writing it and its becoming more and more popular by the week. So we are basically artists in every part of the word, but with our fingers in every part of the pie. But I'd love to tell you that the accomodating website for our comic is great but its not, so Im in the stages of getting my own way with that as well to make my team look good along with the fast paced work we do. You can check it out here at www.redparkcity.co.uk but like I said the site is crap so be warned, just read the comic though you might like it.

Cheers for your interest
Jay

# 51 09-01-2006 , 08:49 PM
the models on the site look great!

# 52 10-01-2006 , 11:53 AM
Hi Jay,

Its good you've got your own site for the strip now, far better than searching for a miniature link on the main website user added image

I see what you mean with the layout though, too much dark colour and not the best use of border colours for the tables...
Get rid of the spinny ball too as it looks like something from a mid 90's personal website and has bad pixels around the edge user added image
I think you could get into animated flash cartoon strips on the site at some point, just standard parallax style movement of elements in each frame - that'd be cool.

At least the site doesnt have to be fully accessible for disabled access and screenreaders like the sites I do (which can reduce the design down to basic stuff).

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 53 11-01-2006 , 10:52 PM
Hey Guys

Just to let you know, am building the ears right now. Im really taking my time on them as they need to be right so I'll update properly tomorrow. Take care

Cheers
Jay

# 54 13-01-2006 , 05:28 AM
Heya Jay!user added image

Heya, how are you doing? I hope all is well, and compliments for 2006, hope it's a good one for youuser added image

To the work then..hehe...looking great as always Jay, keep up the fantastic workuser added image Can't wait to see this one complete.

Later
Mills user added image

-------------------------------------------
# 55 13-01-2006 , 08:22 AM
Hey Mills!!!

Long time dude

Hope you have a good 2006 too. Will update soon

Cheers
Jay

# 56 13-01-2006 , 10:10 PM
Hey Guys

As I promised, just finished the ear (modeling) am gonna tweak it now to fit the characters face a little better.

Oh and not a tri or a 5 sider to be founduser added image

Cheers
Jay

user added image

# 57 13-01-2006 , 10:23 PM
That is one damn nice lookin' ear!

So the main female character from OUTLAWS is being re-cast with this beauty?

Nice, dude!

And no tris? Thats drop dead sexy!

Dave

# 58 13-01-2006 , 10:29 PM
Hey Dave

Yeah thanks, the one at Outlaws will become her Mom after a tweak or 2, minus the gun and cans

Yeah no tris, I did contemplate them as I was on the ball with reference and I really wanted a good ear so I almost went to the dark side of the quad and split it. But after some thought and a loop later - I didn't succumb to it. Plus I ve been doing more 'special' work too ya knowuser added image nudge nudge, talk to the monitior at 2 in the morning and all that. And I dont mean a web cam either!!

Cheers
Jay

# 59 13-01-2006 , 10:35 PM
Dudes

Heres the wire

Jay

user added image

# 60 13-01-2006 , 11:09 PM
Im just looking at this model and to me theres a hint of Audrey Hepburn in there too...cool

Jay