Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 29-11-2004 , 03:38 AM

Maya 6 VS. Lightwave 8

What are your guy's opinions on Maya vs. Lightwave?

# 2 29-11-2004 , 06:18 AM
duck and cover?

# 3 29-11-2004 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
I teach introduction to LW, and I have to say that LW is great for beginners. However, Maya is trend for more advanced apprentice. Maya has a deeper learning curve but you have much more control over every aspect of your modeling and animation.

# 4 29-11-2004 , 09:46 PM

Originally posted by MrKnight
I teach introduction to LW, and I have to say that LW is great for beginners. However, Maya is trend for more advanced apprentice. Maya has a deeper learning curve but you have much more control over every aspect of your modeling and animation.

Personally i've found that to be the opposite. LW was bloddy hard to pick up, while Maya was a doddle. user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 5 30-11-2004 , 04:13 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by MrKnight
Iyou have much more control over every aspect of your modeling and animation.

mmm, maya's poly modeling tools..... user added image

wings 3d has features maya 6 still does not have. so does XSI. on the other hand, the nurbs modeling tools are as good good as rhino, but not studio tools good.