Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-02-2012 , 06:54 AM

Beginning animation

Hey All, Newbie here,

So I have my wireframe mannequin, and I was about to start adding the joints. I'm in the front view, and selected animation tab and am under the animation part as well. I have pressed the 3 dotted one that is the joint tool, as well as going under skeleton and clicking the joint tool, but to no avail. I press my left button on the area that i want to place the joint and nothing happens.

What's up with that? I really don't know what I'm doing wrong or not doing.

Please help. My school is useless when it comes to answers.

Thanks.

# 2 15-02-2012 , 10:01 AM
Subscriber
so you activate the joint tool and try to put joints into the scene but nothing shows up?

check to make sure that joints are visible in that camera. I think the option to see what stuff shows is in the show menu of the panel.

Also, check the show x-ray joints button at the top of the panel (or find it in one of the panel's menus)
I'd give you a screen shot but I don't have Maya on the computer i'm using right now

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D