View Poll Results: Does the UFO look real?
Very realistic, I think it is real! 2 13.33%
Realistic, but it has a few flaws 8 53.33%
Look fake 3 20.00%
Definitely fake 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 15-08-2008 , 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
I think you did a good job, especially the last shot. I do find it kinda funny how anyone who believes that there are lifeforms other than what we're familiar with are automatically dubbed as being lunatics lol, arrogance and the fear of leaving ones comfort zone can be trippy. Then again, historically we proven that we don't deal with the unfamiliar very well so its probably for the best that we've programmed ourselves to think this way.

- Genny
# 17 15-08-2008 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
it's quite sad.... and REALLY annoying...

but, thats why we avoid doing this as much as possible. Being normal is SO last generation...and next generation...and every other generation... user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 18 15-08-2008 , 01:56 PM
The thing is though, its almost completely impossible that earth is the only planet harboring life, and anyone who believes that it is the only one is very self-centered and psychotic user added image hehe

I am not convinced they have visited earth though, but who knows?

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 19 15-08-2008 , 03:57 PM
Haha, this turned into an alien/UFO thread, where we discuss about the experiences we had... user added image

And THX, you are not the only one that believes that they have seen UFO's before: I did too, when I was about 9 years old. If you are interested, I can post/PM what exactly happened/what I saw, if anyone is interested.

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 20 15-08-2008 , 04:17 PM
Apparently I saw a what was apparently a stealth bomber fly over my house when I was 7 or 8, but I find it weird that there was a stealth bomber a small town like mine.... So i am not sure if it was one, it was light blue, and kind of looked glass..... its probably just my bad memory though, but IDK.... it could have been a UFO.. it was to me, hehe

www.joopson.com
# 21 15-08-2008 , 04:43 PM
Who said it was a stealth bomber?
Newspaper?

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 22 15-08-2008 , 04:52 PM
Actually, my brother who was 2 years older than me. Im not convinced it was a bomber though...

www.joopson.com
# 23 15-08-2008 , 05:38 PM
Ok. From the experience I had when I was a child , I do believe you. Did you know that 5% of the alleged UFO findings/reports are never found out to be any common object such as a cloud, meteor, aircraft, shooting star, fakes (frisbees, plates, lights, etc), satellites and other known objects? And that there are about 1000 UFo sightings in the world in a year?

Just making some people (possibly) think...

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 24 15-08-2008 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by amoeba
Haha, this turned into an alien/UFO thread, where we discuss about the experiences we had... user added image

it's great to be talking about UFOs again instead of listening/seeing all the advertising with their irrelevant arguments as to why you should buy the product

good to get back to reality every so often, eh?

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 25 15-08-2008 , 06:25 PM
Umm...please elaborate...
BTW, here is a darker pic, might be better....

Attached Thumbnails

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 26 15-08-2008 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
i think the lighter version looked eter since you couldnt see the detail on the UFO?
i'm no good at judging this picture

as for an elaboration...? ummm i think UFOs are more real and more important than somethings you see/hear everyone going on about or making a big fuss over

# 27 15-08-2008 , 06:37 PM
Ah, I thought you meant the opposite of that. user added image

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 28 15-08-2008 , 07:42 PM
19 year Veteran
I like the brighter picture best.

Hey did you know that there are rumors of a secret moon base on the dark side of the moon? Rumors also indicate it is alien in origin. I watch a testimonial about it. An Air force guy that was a cryptographer if I remember correctly who was contracted to work on some nasa camera equipment. He was shown some photographs of the dark side of the moon that had tower and mushroom, structures. Alarming stuff if you ask me. Also I have heard rumors about the Nasa astronauts that landed on the moon reported that they were watched by something else when they were conducting their moon experiments. Rumors also indicate that they saw giant saucers ships some distance away from them that they say were a few miles in diameter. Kinda makes you wonder why we haven't been to the moon anymore.

Now of course this is just here say and speculation but it really makes you think.

# 29 15-08-2008 , 09:41 PM
The lighter pic looks better IMO. It could do with a bit more compositing as it looks like it's "over" the pic and closer to the camra than the trees that are there, adding some grain using the alpha of the UFO as a mask to match it into the pic should help it out.

As for the UFO's, personally I think like joopson said, the vastness of the universe, and considering that we know that there are many, many planets its prettty cirtian that ther is life. Also with the age of the universe and how young we are and how fast our technology is progressing it seems plausable to me that an alien civilisation would have some way of traveling vast distances with high speed.

And why not visit earth, must be a laugh, sort of like looking at monkeys in a zoo.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 30 18-08-2008 , 12:16 PM
definitely the lighter picture looks better... i'd add MORE blur, because most of the 'UFO sighting' pictures you see are really nothing more than a large smudge lookin thing... you don't need to blur it in the render, you can do it in post using a motion blur or even a gaussian blur with a larger radius and lesser effect percentage.

plus after you blur it more any grain you add afterwards to 'age' your photo or even just your composite will be more successful/convincing.

Accept no substitutions.