Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 18-09-2007 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber

What is Mental ray...exactyly??

Hi I am kinda new to the forum here, but I am an avid maya fan. I took one class on maya: (3d modeling and anim. 1) here at the academy of art in SF. I didnt even take the pre-requisite, and sill got a B...I have kinda a dumb question..what is mental ray?...is it a light???whats a simple way of using it in maya so I could experiment thanks so much
Love Maya'Brady:attn:

# 2 18-09-2007 , 10:21 AM
Jr.Who

Re: What is Mental ray...exactyly??

Originally posted by Soulrider911
Hi I am kinda new to the forum here, but I am an avid maya fan. I took one class on maya: (3d modeling and anim. 1) here at the academy of art in SF. I didnt even take the pre-requisite, and sill got a B...I have kinda a dumb question..what is mental ray?...is it a light???whats a simple way of using it in maya so I could experiment thanks so much
Love Maya'Brady:attn:

It’s a rendering engine, like Maya Software, Maya Hardware, etc.

I’m sure if you check the Maya help files, you’ll find a lot of info on it. user added image